Emerging Markets Fixed Income
For performance information on this strategy or any of DoubleLine strategies, please click here.
2020 – Portfolio manager, Su Fei Koo, and traders Jenny Ahn and Mike Schroeder awarded Asset Benchmark Research’s “The most Astute Investors in Asian G3 Bonds”1
The Emerging Markets Fixed Income team seeks to deliver the best risk-adjusted returns using a value-oriented investment approach. Our research-driven process focuses on countries, sectors and companies with improving credit fundamentals and ratings.
Strategies & Products
The team shares an investment philosophy that is anchored by four key principles:
- Emerging Markets debt is a secularly improving credit story
- Diversification across regions, countries, sectors and issuers is fundamental to portfolio construction and risk management
- Avoiding potential problem credits and minimizing credit losses are a critical function of our credit analysis
- Total returns will be derived from current income and capital gains
The Emerging Markets Fixed Income team implements a time-tested 5-step investment process that combines bottom-up research with sovereign macro overlays. Through scenario analysis, we link credit fundamentals with market valuation to guide portfolio construction and investment decisions.
- https://www.theasset.com/awards/g3-2020-astute-investors; Methodology In 2020, about 850 top-rated individuals including analysts, economists and strategists, salespeople and traders were invited by the Asset Benchmark Research to nominate the most Astute investors, based on their knowledge of the credits and markets, trading skill and acumen in making investment decisions. As such the ranking also includes investors who are not included in absolute return or performance assessments. The nominations collected are subject to the rating of the individual casting the vote. The latter is determined according to the annual survey of investors.